March 17, 2013

sweet springtime...

065

It is March, and I am dreaming of spring. The sunshine comes pouring through my big bay windows every morning, warming the house. I close my eyes and think of spring flowers, sprouts on the trees, the sweet cool breeze.. alas, there's still snow on the ground and the temperatures are still in the double minuses. *sigh* Such a tease, Mr Sun... I can't wait to be outside. Old Man Winter needs to take an early vacation.

067

I can't wait to start seedlings for the garden. I love planning what to grow each year, and tending to the garden throughout the summer. I still have to wait awhile to start my seeds, indoors of course, as we can't plant anything in the ground til after May 24th. The joys of living so far North. I wish we had a nursery to go and pick pretty potted flowers and herbs. I miss going to the nursery with my mama and sister to  pick out pretty flowers to make up our flower box and planters.

074

To keep my sunshiny, spring time mood, I got crafty with the new Crafty Secrets Digital Stamps for Easter. Have you seen them? Oh so cute and full of vintage goodness. I paired the new Spring Chicks with a great digital paper from CD . Seeds and sweet chicks, what's not to love? I made a simple seed packet out of vellum and added my daffodil seed pack front. The lined up chicks I coloured with water colours, distressed around the edges and added some fine glitter. The digi paper had the greatest garden theme and I used that in the background, fussy cut out the garden tools to add to my bows..

REBEKAH SPRINGTIME SEED PKT CARD

I hope Spring has sprung in your neck of the woods!
Happy Crafting:)
~Becks

2 comments:

  1. Wow!!! This card absolutely knows of spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous gorgeous card!! I love the colours ... and so much detail ... really lovely

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving some love! I appreciate it a lot!! :D