September 8, 2011

seasons change...

I am not ready to say good bye to summer just yet.. but it seems Mother Nature has other plans. It is slowly changing to my favourite time of year. I feel cheated out of summer..it was too rainy and grey this year to be considered summer. Hopefully fall won't disappoint.

The temperatures here are dropping over night.. cooler and cooler.. soon enough there will be that crispness in the daytime that signifies fall. Like summer, I know it will be all too short,over too soon, and old man winter will be here again.

Today I went down to the sand cliffs in our area. As I walked along the winding, hilly path dried pine needles softly crunching with every step, it was evident fall is on its way. The tall, skinny pines swayed in the breeze.. creaking and swishing ever so slightly. The sun shine shone its rays through the canopy and danced amongst the underbrush. The soft swishing sound of the breeze kept me company on my way down..a very surreal, peaceful experience. Sweet smells of the forest wafted on the breeze-the smell of pine trees and clean air.. something you must experience for yourself. All too soon winter will be here. Time to cherish the sun and warmth.

I'll leave you today with one of my favourite poems.. one that comes alive when I think back on my walk through the woods today. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
pine trees along my path



TWO roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;       
Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,       
And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.       
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.       
                        -Robert Frost

Thanks for the visit,
~Becks

5 comments:

  1. It's sure getting cold here too .... I loved your poem and the picture of the trees ... I love pine forests ... we have fantastic ones in Wales with name that are totally un pronounceable!
    Beautiful card .. love the text paper and your sweet cameo ... have a beautiful day

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card and lovely colors

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rebekah, I am not sure how I found your blog, but I am so pleased I did. I just wanted to say how beautiful your work is, so very pretty, I especially love all the little details and trimmings you put on you projects.

    Gorgeous
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful card, story and poem. My 10 year old son loves "nature walks" and I thank you for bringing Robert Frost into our home. It was a learning moment for both of us as we read it together and admired your photo. Once again, I am so inspired with every visit here....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I accidently found your blog. Your cards are so beautiful, love the colors and details.
    Have a nice weekend.
    Berlinde

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving some love! I appreciate it a lot!! :D