March 7, 2011

spring fling...

Spring is coming...I'm willing, hoping and yearning for it..even today as the temps reach -22 degrees, the sun is shining gloriously..a teaser of what is to come..I can't wait to get out and plant a garden, to play outside with the puppy without piling on the layers. Feel the warm sunshine and watch the trees come back to life..
Today I'm squeaking in a challenge..almost missed the deadline. with colours like these how can I resist?? They speak to me and are some of my favourite to play with.
Alot of my favourite things used.. layered paper flowers in the softest blue, complete with a chippy white bell for a centre.. shabby stitching..that icing on the cake-yummy coarse Martha Stewart glitter on a Maya Road chipboard heart... its love all around.
A little swatch of creamy felt to sit the heart on..adding just the right softness I was after. A tea dyed mini tag hides behind my layered paper flowers..a gift from my MIL this Christmas.
Maya Road trinket pin..and some more of my handmade trim..half pearls...yummy! I took the idea for the sentiment from the "I love Paris" in the challenge photo..
How I love these colours together..reminiscent of Spring ahead of us..pinks, greens, blues and creams..I used some more of my Basic Grey capella papers.. I can't get enough of them! Ali Edwards and Tim Holtz stamps(very subtly stamped in Versamark ink on the pale pink paper..) I'm off to post this to the City Crafter Challenge Blog site..
Thanks for visiting!
Have a happy Monday!
~Becks

8 comments:

  1. What a soft and beautiful card you have created.. I just love it.. Thanks so much for playing along with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful serene card ... love the soft colours and that little bell nestling within the beautiful glittered heart ... your trim is beautiful ... thanks so much for playing along at CCCB

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is so gorgeous! I love your colors and all of your embellishments. That glitter heart is so sparkly and that bell is just too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soft and lovely, thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfectly lovely! FAbulous detail work! Thank you for joining us at CCCB this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fancy card! That little bell rests perfectly inside your flower!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have some catching up to do with blogging and i just saw that you are a psotlight artist. And I can see why...this kind of card makes me sigh.... It's stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there :) just found you through Cherry's blog and love your work :) gorgeous!!!! May I ask where I could get some little White bells like you have ? Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving some love! I appreciate it a lot!! :D