December 27, 2010

home for the holidays...


There's no better feeling that being back at home. For Christmas this year, my guy decided to send me home for the holidays..since he would be working.. knowing how home sick I was getting..knew I needed to be surrounded by my family this holiday season. Such a wonderful gift.
This past week has flown by...time always flies when you are enjoying yourself. Still a couple weeks left at home...I will savour each remaining day...glad I have my mom around to take care of me...nothing worse than being sick over the holidays but, just my luck that's what I got. Just goes to show you're never too old to be looked after by mama.
Yet another Christmas card that was requested by my sister. There's nothing I enjoy more than whipping up little packages of cards for people I love. She passed them on to a friend who, as I was told today, just loved them. It makes it all worth it when I hear how much someone enjoys one of my handmade gems. Some sheet music..my fave for Christmas cards..Maya Road tree pin..random buttons...I just had to use my PTI die and background basics text....doilie and some extra thick seam binding in that gorgeous burgundy...Mmm mmm. it's love I tell ya.
Sometimes the simplest cards give me the most happiness..
Til next time,
~Becks

3 comments:

  1. I love to visit your blog and mention you on mine today with a Stylish Blog Award!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely rich card .. So sorry you got sick but being with your family couldn't be better .... Have a wonderful New Year ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another beauty; your centerpiece just pops off the card and I love it. The sentiment is perfect.... Hope you are feeling better now; enjoy the time with your family and a happy new year!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and leaving some love! I appreciate it a lot!! :D